Serving as an Usher helps the church to provide a welcoming, comfortable, and safe environment for guests attending weekend services and special events.
An usher serves as part of weekend services & mid-week services in support of service production and as the primary contact with guests. Scheduled on a rotating basis, ushers prepare and distribute programs, seat guests, and function as ministry assistants to the pastoral staff during the worship service.
The usher team serves during weekend & mid-week services as well as during special events as needed. Ushers are asked to serve a minimum of one service, one time per month. Individuals are also recruited as needed to staff an usher team for special events. In addition to serving as part of worship services, ushers will be asked to attend periodic training classes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare adult worship auditorium for worship services (collect waste; rope off closed seating areas, fill envelope holders, etc.).
- Rope off entrance to adult worship at designated times and as directed.
- Manage traffic flow as guests enter the adult worship area.
- Greet guests as they enter services and offer programs, pens, and flyers.
- Help guests with finding a seat and any other need as they are entering the adult worship area.
- Collect, sort, and secure offering as part of the service program.
- Collect cards and other items from guests and manage traffic flow at the conclusion of weekend services.
If you would like to know more about becoming an Usher at Heritage Christian Center, Fill-Out and Submit the Form Below and a Team Member will contact you.